Master of Arts，MA
Applicants should prepare three items, for example:
1.either any Italian Aria Antiche (e.g. from the volume entitled 24 Italian Songs and Arias, or similar or a folk song
2.An aria from oratorio (or opera)
3.An art song
Sight-reading may be given
Please note that Voice auditions may take place over two rounds. Following the first audition, you will be notified if you have been sent to the second round (first and second rounds are on the same day).
The audition requirement is:
The performance of a programme lasting 15 minutes to include three or four contrasting items.
Please note that Opera auditions may take place over two rounds. Following the first audition, you will be notified if you have been sent to the second round (first and second rounds are on the same day). The audition requirement is:
The performance of a programme of three contrasting operatic arias in at least two languages, one of which should be by Mozart、Gluck and Handel
Your performances must containimprovisation and you will play with a livetrio from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.Your audition is in three parts:
1. ‘Rhythm Changes’ in Bb concert pitch:Theme ‘Oleo’, played at any tempo from = 160bpm – 300bpm [Singers may alterthe key to suit their range]
[A minimum 3 choruses of improvisationare requested]
2. Your options of a ‘Jazz standard’ thatcompliments the Rhythm Changes.
3. A aural test featuring intervals, chords,scales and modes.
Your audition is in three parts:
1. Perform your own original composition
with the audition rhythm section(charts should be legible and easily sightreadable)
2. Your choice of an up tempo‘jazz standard’
3. An informal discussion concerningyour goals and aspirations. This is anopportunity to ask the panel questionsabout the Jazz programme, the Scottishjazz scene and conservatoire life